One of my goals for this week is to find a naturopathic doctor to help us learn more about alternative treatments and natural ways for Lily to cope with her back pain and the side effects from the chemotherapy. I found a number for East Valley Naturopathic Doctors and a doctor who specializes in pain management and cancer treatment and am going to make an appointment, but if anyone knows of a good naturopathic doctor or has any ideas, I would be grateful.
My other goal is to get Lily eating! I am so glad she hasn't yet had much problems with nausea; she wore sea bands all week and I don't know if that has helped, but she is keeping them on just in case. However, Lily really doesn't have an appetite and it's been a challenge to find foods that she will eat that are healthy yet bland enough not to upset her stomach. She does like homemade soups, pasta and smoothies but the same thing over and over gets old. Any good recipes or ideas on sneaking vitamins into her food would also be welcome.
Pages
On January 5th, 2011, Lily was admitted to the Phoenix Children's Hospital because she was experiencing pain in her legs and back. A week later and after what felt like a million tests, scans and biopsies, we had a diagnosis: she has a soft tissue tumor called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. A PET scan revealed a small tumor in her foot that was not apparent from the outside; it was not until the cancer had already spread to her bone marrow that she experienced any symptoms. This came as a total shock to everyone as Lily has always been healthy, active and full of energy. We love our darling girl and her sweet, happy, loving spirit. This website is for friends and family to stay connected during this difficult time.
5 comments:
Alicia, I know the lack of appetite is not uncommon. I will talk to some friends that have been through chemo and see if they have any tips or ideas. I also know the lady who plays a huge role in the Cancer Center at Chandler Regional and see if she has anything that can help. Lastly, the Dr. that I used to work for did a lot of stuff with naturopathic stuff as well as being a D.O. so I will see what I can dig up for you. Hugs to all of you! Please let me know if there is anythign else that you need or that we can do to help. Love Chandra
Thank you, Chandra! The more information we can get, the better.
Hi leesha, just adore the picture with the pink hat, so becoming to lily. Just wanted to let you know that i make a delicious chicken soup, and is ready whenever you would like some, just let me know when..or tacos or anything else you guys want to eat, also some good salsa for phill. May God bless you, and give you strength, Jessie.
Thank you so much Jessie and we would love to have some of your good cooking. We all love chicken soup!
Sucking on a little peppermint candy help me when my stomach gets a little nauseous from chemo. You might want to try that
Post a Comment