Lily is getting 5 chemo infusions this week and because of the holiday Monday, she has appointments Tuesday through Saturday. So far this week she is doing really well- she has had energy and a good appetite.
Today we spoke with the radiologist, who recommends treating Lily's foot with radiation therapy. A few months ago when we met with the radiologist, she recommended treating Lily's foot as well as all the areas of metastasis. This was very upsetting because the areas with disease were so extensive and could have caused Lily many serious long term side effects. However, because Lily's most recent scan shows almost no metastasis, her doctors have decided that radiation only to her foot is the best course of action and we are so relieved!! I'm still nervous, but radiation to Lily's foot shouldn't cause too many problems and we do want to make sure that the cancer in this area is completely gone. Our other option is surgery, but the surgeon has said that he would not be able to be completely sure of removing all cancer cells and that more than likely Lily would lose at least a couple toes. Even with surgery, radiation to the area is recommended. She has an appointment with another radiologist tomorrow.
Meanwhile, we've been working on the dollhouse when we can. Lily gets so excited each time we add another part. We just got the roof up and next we will be adding windows. I realized after the last dollhouse how much easier it is to paint the pieces prior to putting them together.
1 comment:
I was looking at Lil's new dollhouse and she told me to look in her old house. When I looked in I saw the children downstairs in the library packing little tiny books into little boxes, and upstairs mother and grandmother had tiny little folded linens in their arms. Lil informed me they were packing up to move out. I love that child! I hope they get their new home built in time.
Post a Comment