A couple weekends ago Lily and I got away from the city for an overnight stay in a cute rustic cabin in the woods by Christopher Creek. It was a super fun break from our usual routine and something we decided we need to do much more often. How amazing is it that we only need to drive up out of the desert for an hour or two to be in the forest, surrounded by pine trees and the beauty of nature?
![]() |
| My little pixie with her handmade "sprite" |
Shortly after Lily and I checked into our cabin, the fun arrived. Fellow tree-loving-wild-women Lindsey and Julia met up to help us spend the day relaxing and frolicking by the creek.
![]() |
| Lindsey took these wonderful photographs. Check out her website. |



In the evening, Lily made us tin foil hats just in case there were aliens lurking about who wanted to read our minds. I'm sure our cabin neighbors thought we were nuts, but we had a blast making a delicious quinoa and veggie feast, dining outdoors, going for a long walk, dancing in the dark, and laying in the road as countless stars emerged from the night sky. We marveled at how tiny we are as Lily explained our planet's position in the galaxy. We searched out satellites and were surprised by falling stars. The sounds of the forest blended with the music from a nearby live band as we giggled and just enjoyed each other's company.


1 comment:
My heart is so filled with love and ache. I had to tell you. I love you so much. You are both so so beautiful. Lily you are an amazing daughter and light. Alicia your light shines so brightly in Lily and you are an amazing mama.
All love.
-Stacey
Post a Comment