Lily and I are especially excited about the art show. During the clothing drive, we will be showcasing Lily's artwork and selling some prints of her drawings!
These are a few examples of some of Lily's recent clay sculptures:
| Mushroom Man |
| Baby Fairy |
Here is the flyer for the event:
The “We Love Lil Clothing Event”!!
Last year we held a “Back-to-School Clothing Drive” event for our favorite girl Lily. Although she was in remission for a brief time, her cancer is back, and we will be repeating this event on September 15th, from 10: 00am-2:00 pm for Lily Lopez. The Clothing Drive will be held at the LDS church located on 1010 S Recker, between Warner and Ray. We will also be adding an art show of Lily’s original, fabulous art, as well as a bake sale.
Lily Lopez was diagnosed in January of 2011 with Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare form of cancer. She is now 12 years old, and a joy to all who know her. You can read more about Lily and her family at http://welovelil.blogspot.com/. In order to help offset the cost of her treatment, and try and ease the burden of her family, we will be holding this clothing drive. It will be really easy to participate. As you clean out your children’s closets in preparation for school, please bring clothing that you no longer need to Cami Kistemann’s house, 2895 E Cathy Drive, Gilbert, AZ 85296.
We would like to have all donations before September 15th. If, however, you also want to bring your clothing to the church on the day of the event (September 15th), it will be happily accepted at that time. We will be selling the clothing by the bag. All the clothing you can stuff into a bag provided for $5.00. Please donate your clothing, and come to buy a bag or two. Even if you don’t need the clothing, please come and lend your support. Please forward this to anyone who you know would like to participate so that we can make this beneficial for everyone. If you would like to help out further still, please contact Cami Kistemann at 480-626-1405.

1 comment:
I am so grateful for your blog. I do not know you and I cannot begin to comprehend what you have gone through as a mother.I have included a link to this event in my facebook group. I know it will reach 120 people . I hope this SMALL gesture , plus some of the clothes I am donating can help you in many ways. Thank you for your perseverance and for being such an amazing mother...you are truly an inspiration as a mother and Lily is lucky to have you. Blessings. Stephanie
Post a Comment