Pages

On January 5th, 2011, Lily was admitted to the Phoenix Children's Hospital because she was experiencing pain in her legs and back. A week later and after what felt like a million tests, scans and biopsies, we had a diagnosis: she has a soft tissue tumor called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. A PET scan revealed a small tumor in her foot that was not apparent from the outside; it was not until the cancer had already spread to her bone marrow that she experienced any symptoms. This came as a total shock to everyone as Lily has always been healthy, active and full of energy. We love our darling girl and her sweet, happy, loving spirit. This website is for friends and family to stay connected during this difficult time.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Lily has been researching the Plains Indians and she created this diorama:


She made the patterns for the tepees, then cut them out and put everything together on her own. She researched Native American tepee designs and painted her models.


Now that she knows so much about the subject, I'm determined to purchase a real tepee. We want to spend the summer in Idaho and pitch our tepee on our land near my dad's family. It would be our base camp as we explore the area- Yellowstone and The Grand Tetons specifically.

Call me crazy, but I can't think of anything more fun than living in a tepee for a summer in one of the most beautiful places on earth. 

2 comments:

John Urquidi said...

I want to go too! Phil and I belong in tepees, since he grows pumpkins, corn, and squash! Love and miss you guys!

alicia said...

Oh geez you crack me up! I haven't laughed that hard in a while. Love and miss you! You are so invited to my tepee. I'll likely be in Idaho mid June- mid July if you really want to make it happen :)