Pages

On January 5th, 2011, Lily was admitted to the Phoenix Children's Hospital because she was experiencing pain in her legs and back. A week later and after what felt like a million tests, scans and biopsies, we had a diagnosis: she has a soft tissue tumor called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. A PET scan revealed a small tumor in her foot that was not apparent from the outside; it was not until the cancer had already spread to her bone marrow that she experienced any symptoms. This came as a total shock to everyone as Lily has always been healthy, active and full of energy. We love our darling girl and her sweet, happy, loving spirit. This website is for friends and family to stay connected during this difficult time.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Hooray for Friday!

Lily has had chemo every day this week, and she's been so brave. Monday when she woke up she had a sore throat, so on top of nasty chemo, she has had to deal with that. Also, with her port accessed, she has a hard time getting comfortable and finds it difficult to sleep well at night.

The good thing is that she has kept her appetite all week, although with her sore throat, she hasn't wanted much more than soup. Luckily, making all sorts of yummy soups is kind of my specialty!

We are so glad it's Friday. And, it's a 3 day weekend! Next week, Lily only has one day of chemo, then she is off for a week. After that, she repeats the cycle of 5 days straight followed by one day. And then...her treatment schedule is complete.

We will go in for another evaluation after that point.

4 comments:

Debby D said...

Hi Alicia~

I was thinking of you all day on January 5th, as I know that was the one year mark for Lily. I'm so glad she's made it through this last year like a trooper and that the treatment regimen is almost over for her. I still think of you all often and pray for her to stay healthy. You are such a good mom and I'm sure she appreciates you so much. Who is your new addition to the family? Is Denice a new grandma? Hope she's doing well too. Take care! BIG ((hugs)) to all of you~ xo Debby D :-)

alicia said...

Hi Debby. Thank you so much for your good thoughts and prayers. I so appreciate it!! My mom is doing well. Our new addition to the family is on Phillip's side. His sister just had her first baby. However, my mom will be a new grandma in the near future :)

Dreamweaver Braids said...

Hey Alicia,
Looks like things keep staying pretty positive for Lily. I'm so happy to hear this. We've had a bit of a tough week ourselves, but it's always good when they get out of the hospital :) Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Your crocheting is beautiful!

alicia said...

Thank you! I'm so sorry to hear the Adam has been in the hospital. I hope he is feeling better and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers too. I'm not sure about your thoughts on energy work, but I thought I might throw the idea out there because I feel like it has been beneficial for helping Lily keep her immune system up. For the past year, we have gone almost weekly for reiki sessions and I can tell a difference when we don’t go. On the days that Lily doesn’t have chemo, I also give her an organic mushroom blend (the brand is My Community from Sprouts) and astragalus (Oregon’s Wild Harvest, also from Sprouts). Both are safe to use for long term immune support. Just thought I would pass on some of the things that I’ve found helpful.