Pages

On January 5th, 2011, Lily was admitted to the Phoenix Children's Hospital because she was experiencing pain in her legs and back. A week later and after what felt like a million tests, scans and biopsies, we had a diagnosis: she has a soft tissue tumor called Alveolar Rhabdomyosarcoma. A PET scan revealed a small tumor in her foot that was not apparent from the outside; it was not until the cancer had already spread to her bone marrow that she experienced any symptoms. This came as a total shock to everyone as Lily has always been healthy, active and full of energy. We love our darling girl and her sweet, happy, loving spirit. This website is for friends and family to stay connected during this difficult time.

Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm back to work, so the last few weeks have been busy. I'm so thankful that I am able to work from home. I just might have the best job ever!

Lily finished radiation to her foot and the skin in that area is healing very well. In the time that she was off from chemo, her hair also started growing back. After 5 days of chemo last week and 2 days next week, it probably won't last, but she looks really cute right now with a fuzzy head. Her white blood counts are low this week, so she is cooped up at home and I have to give her daily shots to get her counts back up in time for next week's chemo. She's so resilient, though, it's amazing! She is full of energy and literally bounces around the house (on my aerobic ball).

One of my fellow teachers put together another fundraiser for Lily!  Are we not incredibly blessed in terms of all the support we have received from so many people? Your love and kindness keeps us going! Thank you Cameron! Here is the info:




The “We Love Lil Clothing Event”!!

We are holding a “Back-to-School Clothing Drive” on August 6,  from 10: 00am-2:00 pm for Lily Lopez.  The Clothing Drive will be held at the LDS church located on 1010 S Recker, between Warner and Ray.

In order to help offset the cost of her treatment, and try and ease the burden of her family, we will be holding this clothing drive.  It will be really easy to participate.  As you clean out your children’s closets in preparation for school, please bring clothing that you no longer need to Cami Kistemann’s house, 2895 E Cathy Drive, Gilbert, AZ 85296.
We would like to have all donations before August 6.  If, however, you also want to bring your clothing to the church on the day of the event (August 6), it will be happily accepted at that time.  We will be selling the clothing by the bag.  All the clothing you can stuff into a bag provided for $5.00.  Please donate your clothing, and come to buy a bag or two.  Even if you don’t need the clothing, please come and lend your support.  Please forward this to anyone who you know would like to participate so that we can make this beneficial for everyone.   If you would like to help out further still, please contact Cami Kistemann at 480-626-1405. 

4 comments:

Patti Trover said...

I just wanted to say that I will be there to help support Lily on the 6th. I am a member of the Cooley station ward. I also want to give you some more words of inspiration and hope. My daughter, Alex, was diagnosed with Ewings Sarcoma the week she was entering 7th grade. She had intense Chemo - in between a surgery - then 33 radiation treatments (about 2 years worth of treatments). She was also treated at PCH - except for the radiation treatments. She just turned 21, yesterday. I know what you all are going through is very hard - there are lots of ups and downs and many sleepless nights. Be comforted in knowing Lily will be fine - she is in good hands at PCH. If I can ever be of assistance to you - even if it is to sit at the hospital as support for you and/or Lily - please do not hesitate to ask. I mean it - I will do my best to work it into my schedule. Patti Trover (480-293-4350)

alicia said...

Patti, thank you so much for both your encouragement and your support! It is so appreciated. It will be great to meet someone who has gone through some of the same things we have!

Julz said...

What a beautiful girl! And so brave! We will be there on the 6th!

alicia said...

Awesome! Thank you :)