We've had to stay close to home because Lily's juice has to be freshly made every hour.
| Mammoth Sunflowers; one of my favorites |
| Our backyard's a-blooming even in the summer heat |
| Lovey, our love bug- she's so sweet |
| A very bountiful apple tree; a great blessing |
| ♫ millions of peaches ♫ peaches for free ♫ |
We've been able to use lots of organic produce and herbs from my garden. Every morning I pick 8- 10 apples for that day's juice and in the last 4 weeks we have only bought apples a few times just to change up the taste of the juice.
| Homemade tomato sauce over spaghetti squash. Lily actually liked this dinner. |
It's hard to make things flavorful without salt and once you stop using it you realize how much of what we eat is saturated with it. Even though I rarely sprinkled salt directly on our food, I used canned tomatoes, vegetable broths, butter, cheese, etc. that are all full of salt!
| I'm thankful for these beauties even though our current vegan diet excludes eggs. |
No comments:
Post a Comment